The Accounts Payable (AP) Clerk will be responsible for processing a large number of invoices. Given the high volume of invoices, the clerk will be assigned a specific area of focus, such as Inventory, Service, Cheques Processing or Expense Reports. The incumbent must be capable of performing tasks meticulously and thoroughly.
- Invoice processing/account reconciliations/Reports
- Prepare entries for accruals and payables (Service). /Prepare and process daily high volume of invoices (Service/Inventory)
- Process and reconcile invoices in appropriate Excel files (Service). Process rent payments and various additional expenses (Service).
- Follow-up on credit balances with relevant suppliers (Service/Inventory). Follow up with the purchasing department, the receiving department and branches for discrepancies between invoices, orders and receipts (Service/Inventory).
- Respond to requests from branches and vendors, following up as necessary (Service/Inventory).
- Reconcile and balance vendor accounts and make adjustments where appropriate (Service/Inventory).
- Prepare and upload weekly freight reports (Service). / Prepare monthly reports of activities and entries (Service/Inventory)./ Prepare and issue all checks for payment according to terms while respecting early payment dates with discount terms (Cheques Processing). / Prepare documents for the approval of prepayments to vendors (Cheques Processing).
- Collect proof of delivery from branches for collection of vendor returns (Cheques Processing/Inventory).
- Process new supplier accounts and supplier credit applications (Cheques Processing).
- Validate and perform data entry for expense reports and prepare journal entry to load expenses (Expense Reports).
- Receive and sort invoices, forwarding them as required to the appropriate area.
- Contact vendors prior to the expiration of their current contract to confirm contract renewal and update file accordingly.
- Follow-up on contract copies and renewal with the branches & vendors
- Update Excel files with current monthly information.
Education: High school diploma required, AEC in Accounting considered an asset
Work Experience: 0-6 months
Bilingual (English and French). Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook). Basic knowledge of spreadsheets and accounting systems. Meticulous, accurate and proficient (speed) at data entry.